We went to the Excel Family Reunion in Smith Center KS last month. What a great time. It is amazing to see over 300 Excel RV's in one place. We met some great people and had a wonderful time. We even joined the Illinois Excel Club. They were great.
We got reacquainted with a couple we met last year at the RV-Dreams rally in Branson. The RV-Dreams family is wonderful. We had a great time getting reacquainted with Denise and Paul, hope to see you again down the road.
I can hardly believe it. I retire in 7 days. Whoopie!! Boohoo. I feel great about leaving this stressful environment behind. I am sad about leaving the relationships I have developed over the last 20 years. I will miss everyone.
The commissioners gave me a retirement dinner last week. My two younger boys and their families were there as well as a couple of friends and co-workers. It was nice but the company and food made the evening. I received some cards that contained some gift cards from restaurants and wal-mart. Just the sort of thing we will need for the road. They don't take of space or weigh much but will sure come in handy down the road.
My office is almost cleaned out and my successor has been hired. I am doing the best I can to train him with no election around the corner but my staff are well informed and he will do well. Yes, they are going from female to male. But he is retired military with a wife and daughter. He knows what to expect from a group of ladies and he is prepared. I know he'll be great for the office and will do an excellent job. Thank you Paul for helping to make this transition easier.
Denny is anxious for me to be home. We have so much to do this summer to get ready to leave our home and hit the road. Plus, we have travel plans too. We're taking our grandkids to South Dakota and Colorado again this year. They can't wait and neither can we. Hannah can't wait to see Mount "Mushroom". Her name for Mount Rushmore. Noah wants to go back to Estes Park, he told me it was a "unique" town last year. We're going to have so much fun.
There will be garage sales, moving sales and decisions about what to sell and what to give to the kids. James will be moving into the house in preparation to purchase it in 2 years. He and Stacy are planning their wedding and we'll be home next spring to help them celebrate that event.
Jason is going to school and we'll be seeing John and Shyla this fall in Texas. Our travels are about to begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment