Monday has arrived. I am still looking at pictures. I also contacted Denny’s sister. We hadn’t heard from her and I thought I would begin a dialogue.
She emailed right back with questions. I answered her email and sent a couple of pictures. She was excited to get the new pictures and had more questions.
I read the emails to Denny and he was glad to hear from her. I found more pictures and I hope she will follow this blog. It was good to talk to you Bonita.
Denny made reservations at Interstate RV Park for Tuesday and Wednesday nights on Saturday but he found another park that accepts Passport America. He tried to call them and left a message but no one called back so we will stay at Interstate again.
I am really getting tired of the rain. The ground is so soft and I am tired of all the mud coming into the house. Thank goodness for throw rugs.
We got up Tuesday and it wasn’t raining as we hooked up. That was good but it did rain most of the way to the Quad-Cities as usual.
We got our site number and it had stopped raining so we could set up. Just as Denny finished and came into the rig. We both took showers and it started raining again.
We were going to lunch and I told Denny he got to choose. He chose the 11th St Precinct in the Village of East Davenport.
We shared one of their famous tenderloins. They pound them out themselves. They are 1/2 lb. and melt in your mouth. They are served with a choice of sides. We chose the fresh cut fries. We decided to share the sandwich and fries because we know they are big but we also wanted a bit more so we ordered some fried mushrooms to come with the sandwich. Oh my, I wish I had taken a picture. The mushrooms could have fed 6 people easily. We took most of them and 1/2 the fries home for the next day.
We were meeting Dad for dinner at Harlan’s. It is an old truck stop in Davenport, IA that I remember going to as a kid. I had great liver and onions. Dad had a breaded stead and Denny had a hot roast beef sandwich. Good food as usual.
Dad spent the night with us so we could get an early start for our day of travel to the cemeteries.
Memorial Day cemetery visits will be our adventure tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment