We have been noticing some smoke coming out the exhaust of the truck. We had called our dealer at home in Florida and he suggested we have it checked out there.
We found a Chevrolet dealer and made an appointment to have it checked. They found nothing but there was still smoke and we were uneasy so we made an appointment to have it checked on April 16 at Lynn Chevrolet in Pontiac, IL.
This made our trip home quicker than we had originally planned but we needed to have the truck checked out before our warranty ended on April 18.
We left early so we could get as close to Bloomington as possible. Denny had decided to go ahead and drive the interstates as much as possible to make the trip faster. We drove up SC Rte 9 until we reached Hwy 601 north into North Carolina.
We continued on NC 601 to I-485 around Charlotte, NC. We caught I-85 S to NC 301 to reach I-40 W. This would be clear sailing until we reached Nashville, at least that’s what we thought.
Coming into Asheville we were reminded that I-40 was closed due to a rock slide. It had been closed for months and will continue to be closed for quite a while we hear. We were detoured up I-26 to I-81 to get back to I-40. A long way around but we probably would never have gone that way so it was nice to see some new country. And, we entered this lifestyle to enjoy the adventures that were put in our path so this was a new adventure for us.
Denny was tired and we decided to stay in a Flying-J for the night. We stopped at the next one we found in Fairview, TN. This was the first time we had stayed at a Flying J and we will probably do it again if we are just driving through. It was a bit noisy but we slept well. We arrived about 4:30 pm and got the last spot in the RV parking area. I had read that you need to stop early and that is certainly true.
We ate our dinner at the restaurant and went to bed early and were both asleep by 8:00 pm. Denny woke up at 4:30 am. We got ready, purchased fuel and were on the road at 5.
We hit Nashville at the beginning of rush hour so it still wasn’t horrible. We got through and were back in Illinois before we knew it.
This is the weekend for our Caterpillar Camping Club campout so we decided to continue out to the park and join the club for the weekend. Since it is still early in the season we thought we could get a site close to them. We chose our site, got set up and called the kids to let them know we were home.
We also called friends from the club and they planned to join us the next day.
It is nice to be back to see the kids and our friends but I’m looking forward to more new adventures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment