We continued down Hwy 54. I will admit, I had a few rumblings with my stomach but as long as I kept away from reading maps and looking forward I did ok.
I was sure glad when we stopped for lunch in a small Missouri town park. I wasn’t feeling well and needed the stop. The town had the grounds in the park marked off for placement of portable awnings for booths to sell food and crafts. There was to be a festival there on the weekend. I almost wished we could stay but I don’t need any funnel cakes or “stuff”.
We drove on through the Lake of the Ozarks. That sure has changed since I was a kid and vacationed there. Lots more commercialized. It had water but like everywhere else we drove through it was low.
We drove to Nevada, MO and found a nice little park,Osage Prairie RV Park. Very nice people. The sites were close but the price was right at $20.00. It was really good for one night. Families with enjoy the pool and free miniature golf. It is close to the highway without a lot of highway noise.
Since we were spending only one night we didn’t unhook the camper.
Tomorrows adventure is to get into Kansas and head toward Wichita and the Hopalong Cassidy Museum.
No comments:
Post a Comment