Slept in this morning. I love weekends. I get up when I wake up. I hate alarm clocks. I read the paper and had a bowl of cereal and glass of milk. Our son Jason and granddaughter Hannah stopped by. I put a meatloaf I had made and frozen in the crock pot and Hannah covered it with the contents of a can of crushed tomatoes.
We all headed for Sam's Club. We picked up a few things and ran into our other son James with his girlfriend Stacy, her daughter Peyton and his son Noah. It was nice to see them. Stopped at Walmart for the things I couldn't get at Sam's and headed home to have the meatloaf.
Hannah and I fixed fried green beans, peas and hashbrowns to go with the meatloaf. Nice lunch. We watched "The Mummy" and then "Swing Vote". The Mummy is a favorite of my families and I enjoyed Swing Vote. Any movie with an election theme I usually like. It is especially nice to see a comedy election. I always need a good laugh.
Well the Board of Elections went to court yesterday and the judge agreed to dismiss the petition for judicial review and the candidates' name will stay off the ballot. It won't stop the election. The office is a township office and there will be one name and a blank write-in line on the ballot.
Elections are very expensive. They take months to prepare and having one with just one name and a write-in line printed on the ballot is such a waste. But we live in a democracy and anyone can file as a write-in. In Illinois if we have a partisan race in a primary and someone files the proper paperwork to run as a write-in, within 61 days of the election we have to have an election. It's the law. The election will take place. We are hoping for a 7% turnout. I'll keep you posted as to the actual turnout. Watch for the end of Feb. posting.
Heard today that RV-Dreams will be having their second rally. I hope to go. Have to talk Denny into it. But Texas is the place we plan to be and the Texas Hill Country is our destination so.... it looks good. May need to see who will be there.
Time to head to the shower. Talk to you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment