My aunt has been ill and we have been trying to get out to Denver to help her. With our AC problems and our tickets to see “Million Dollar Quartet” we couldn’t leave until now.
We have changed our reservations so many times we are getting to know the people at the Yogi Bear Park south of Castle Rock by first name.
We decided to stop in Iowa City to have lunch and a short visit with Denny’s cousin Norm and his wife Louise. We ate at Country Buffet because it is in the Coralville Mall and has easy in-out access for the rig. While we were eating my uncle called and said he had to take my aunt to the emergency room. She was in a lot of pain.
Well, that ended our visit and we decided to leave and head further west. We didn’t know if we would try to drive straight through or be able to stop. The next phone call from Colorado would tell the tale.
Thank goodness, she didn’t stay in the hospital. She was sent home with new medications and instructions to see her doctor. We decided to stay at a little park/motel just off I-80 in western Iowa and leave in the morning to continue our journey. Neither of us like driving too far anymore but some circumstances require it.
We got up the next morning and continued our drive and because of the time change and good roads in Nebraska we were able to arrive about 7 pm.
The park is on the side of a ridge. We are close to I-25 and there is some road noise. Denny had to use the 4-wheel drive to get up the hill to our site.
Our site is #154 and is a pull through half circle that is very tight. We have room for slides but little room for sitting and enjoying the Colorado weather and beauty. We aren’t here for that but it would be nice for Denny while I am attending to my aunt.
I called Aunt Jo and told her we arrived safely and I would see her tomorrow. I am so happy to be here to help her. I hope we are able to ease her mind somewhat. We settled in for the night.
Now my adventure of doctors and anything else needed begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment