Saturday, August 14, 2010

Doctors, Tests and More Doctors

As some of you know I have been in Denver for the past few weeks trying to help my Aunt find some solutions to her health and life issues.

 

We have been to several doctors and had some tests taken.  My nephew and I have visited some assisted living apartments and gotten the information my aunt needs to help her make some decisions.

 

It has been hard on her and there seem to be no clear answers.  She is in a lot of pain but hanging in there.  I am enjoying my time with her but feel like nothing is being accomplished. 

 

It has been hard on Denny.  He takes me to my aunt’s home everyday.  Some days he and my uncle drive into the mountains and do some exploring.  My uncle has explored nearly every inch on back roads for miles around.  He knows so much about the area but he is in poor health as well. 

 

It is a shame that they are both having so many health issues at the same time.  Neither can take care of the other.  Neither feel well enough to do the things they would like to do.  Both need lots of rest and getting through the day can be a struggle.  Both are unhappy.

 

I love them both and wish that there was more I could do.  Unfortunately my time here is limited so I am trying to get things done before I leave.  My nephew lives near here and is willing to help but he is working and cannot come at the drop of a hat. 

Our weekend adventure and time to ourselves begins tomorrow.  I think our adventures will take us to new heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment